PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY
BY DOWNLOADING THIS APP YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS WHICH WILL BIND YOU.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS APP.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT THIS AGREEMENT DOES
We, Collective Narrative Limited of 139 Red Bank Road, Blackpool FY2 9HZ license you to use:
- The “Bumpf” mobile application software, the data supplied with the software, (Bumpf) and any updates or supplements to it.
- Any related online documentation provided with or referring to Bumpf (Documentation).
- Any of our Services which you connect to via Bumpf and the content which we provide to you through it (Services).
as permitted in these terms.
Please be aware that, regardless of our commitment to the best possible security, internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using Bumpf or any of our Services may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
APP STORE TERMS ALSO APPLY
The ways in which you can use Bumpf and Documentation may also be controlled or limited by the terms and conditions, rules and policies of any relevant App Store (including, but not limited to, the iOS App Store or Google Play Store) from which you may download it.
DEVICE AND OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
This app requres a mobile telephone, tablet or other device (in the case of iOS devices, any iPhone 6 or later device) capable of running in the case of iOS devices, iOS 10 or any later or newer version of iOS, and in the case of Android devices, Android 7.1 or any later or newer version of Android..
You choose your username when creating an account to use Bumpf or our Services. A username forms part of your online identity and should not appear to be offensive or disruptive. When choosing your username be aware that the following types of usernames are not permitted:
- Usernames that are considered to be offensive for example, by containing profanities or are racist.
- Usernames that contain or imply personal attacks.
- Usernames that seem intended to provoke emotional reaction.
- Usernames that otherwise show a clear intent to disrupt Bumpf or our Services or any other site which we operate.
Please note that usernames that are inappropriate in another language, or that represent an inappropriate name with misspellings and substitutions, or do so indirectly or by implication, are still considered inappropriate.
We reserve the right to disable any username, password or profile at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of these terms.
You are solely responsible (to us and to others) for all activity that occurs under your account, therefore it is important that you keep your account password secure and confidential. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you must notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must not disrupt the functioning of Bumpf or our Services, solicit or use another user’s password or otherwise act in a way that interferes with other users’ use of Bumpf or our Services. Other than connecting to our servers by HTTP requests using a web browser, you may not attempt to gain access to Bumpf or our Services by any other means, including, without limitation, by using administrator passwords or by acting as an administrator while using Bumpf or our Services or otherwise.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
Support. If you want to learn more about Bumpf or our Services, or have any problems using them please take a look at our support resources and pages at www.bumpf.co.uk.
Contacting us (including if you have a complaint). If you think that Bumpf or our Services are faulty, misdescribed or wish to contact us for any other reason then please email our customer Services team at email@example.com.
How we will communicate with you. If we have to contact you we will do so by email, by SMS or by pre-paid post, using the contact details you have provided to us.
HOW YOU CAN USE BUMPF, INCLUDING HOW MANY DEVICES YOU CAN USE IT ON
In return for your agreement to comply with these terms, you can:
- download or stream a copy of Bumpf and view, use and display Bumpf and our Services on such devices for your personal purposes only. You may also share Bumpf and our Services in accordance with the rules set out in these terms.
- use any Documentation to support your permitted use of Bumpf and our Services.
- provided that you comply with our Licence Restrictions (see below), make up to four copies of Bumpf and the Documentation for back-up purposes; and
- receive and use any free supplementary software, code or updates of Bumpf incorporating “patches” and corrections of errors as we may provide to you from time to time when available.
YOU MUST BE 18 TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND DOWNLOAD BUMPF
You must be 18 or over to accept these terms and download Bumpf.
TRANSFERRING YOUR COPY OF BUMPF TO SOMEONE ELSE
Through these terms, we are giving you personally the right to use Bumpf and our Services as set out above. Whilst you may have sharing rights as set out above, you may not otherwise transfer Bumpf or our Services to someone else, whether for money, for anything else or for free. If you sell any device on which Bumpf is installed, you must remove Bumpf from it.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
As Bumpf and our Services are constantly evolving, we may need to change these terms to reflect changes in applicable law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we may introduce from time to time.
We will give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change by sending you an SMS with details of the change or notifying you of a change when you next open Bumpf on your device.
If you do not accept any notified changes when they are made available to you, you may continue to use Bumpf and our Services in accordance with the existing terms but certain new features may not be available to you.
UPDATES AND CHANGES TO OUR SERVICES
From time to time, we may automatically update Bumpf and change our Services to improve their performance, enhance their functionality, reflect changes to operating systems or address security issues. Alternatively, we may ask you to update Bumpf for these reasons through a notification (either within the app or via SMS or E-Mail).
If you choose not to install updates, or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using Bumpf and our Services.
Bumpf will always work with the current or previous version of the operating system (as it may be updated from time to time) and match the description of it provided to you when you bought it.
IF SOMEONE ELSE OWNS THE DEVICE YOU ARE USING TO ACCESS BUMPF
If you download or stream Bumpf onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner’s permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device.
WE MAY COLLECT DATA ABOUT YOUR DEVICE
By using Bumpf or any of our Services, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices on which you use Bumpf and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our products and to provide our Services to you.
Some of our Services, will make use of location data sent from your devices. You can turn off this functionality at any time by turning off the Location Services settings for Bumpf on the relevant device. If you use these Services, you consent to us and our affiliates’ and licensees’ transmission, collection, retention, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve location-based Services. You can stop us from collecting location data at any time by turning off the Location Services settings on the relevant device.
You agree that you will not:
- except in the course of permitted sharing (see HOW YOU CAN USE BUMPF, INCLUDING HOW MANY DEVICES YOU CAN USE IT ON above) rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, Bumpf or our Services in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- copy Bumpf, our Documentation or Services, except as part of your normal use of Bumpf or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of Bumpf, our Documentation or Services nor permit Bumpf or our Services or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use Bumpf and our Services on devices as permitted in these terms;
- disassemble, de-compile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of Bumpf or our Services nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile Bumpf to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with Bumpf or with another program (Permitted Objective), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to Bumpf;
- is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective;
You also agree to comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by Bumpf or any of our Services.
ACCEPTABLE USE RESTRICTIONS
You must not:
- not use Bumpf or any of our Services in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into Bumpf, any of our Services or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of Bumpf or any of our Services, including by the uploading of any content (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- not upload or transmit any material that is Bumpf or our Servicesatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of Bumpf or any of our Services;
- not use Bumpf or any of our Services in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any of our Services or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any of our Services.
You also agree that you are responsible for any consequences of our making available of any content which you may upload through Bumpf or any of our Services, that we do not endorse (and may remove) any content which does not comply with these terms, and that any content which you upload can only be kept confidential dependent upon your privacy and sharing settings.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to Bumpf or our Services constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, their right to privacy or their rights as a data subject or any claim in relation to Bumpf or our Services.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property rights in Bumpf, the Documentation and our Services throughout the world belong to us and the rights in Bumpf and our Services are licensed (not sold) to you. All such rights of the relevant owner or licensee are fully reserved and you cannot extract or make any use of Bumpf, our Services or any content posted on or through them without permission from the relevant owner or licensee; you have no intellectual property rights in, or to, Bumpf, the Documentation or our Services other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
All intellectual property rights in any content which you may upload to Bumpf and our services will belong to you, however by uploading it you grant the following rights:
- to us, a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free licence to use, store, copy, modify, adapt, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (in all media or formats now known or hereafter created) that content and make it available to third parties, and to display it other users through Bumpf and our Services;
- to other users of the site a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free licence to modify, adapt, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display your content only by using Bumpf or our Services to view, comment on, like, repost and share any of your content.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your intellectual property rights (whether copyright, trade marks or otherwise) have been infringed in any way by Bumpf or our Services or any content on it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO ENDORSEMENT OF CONTENT
Bumpf or our Services include information and content uploaded by individuals and other users of Bumpf or our Services. This information and content will not be and has not been moderated, verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users, individuals or other third parties expressed in content posted on Bumpf or our Services do not necessarily represent our views or values, do not constitute any endorsement by or connection with the relevant third party and us, and should not be treated as such.
If you wish to complain about information and content uploaded by other users please contact us at email@example.com.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED THROUGH USING BUMPF OR OUR SERVICES
We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage which we cause. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our failure to comply with these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both we and you knew it might happen.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful for us to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
When we are liable for damage to your property. If defective digital content that we have supplied through Bumpf or our Services damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We are not liable for business losses. Bumpf and our Services are made available strictly for your domestic and private use. If you use Bumpf or our Services for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Limitations to Bumpf and our Services. Bumpf and our Services are provided for general information and entertainment purposes only. They and any content which you may access whilst using them do not offer any advice upon which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of information obtained from Bumpf, our Services or any content which you may access whilst using them (and especially any content uploaded by any third party or other user). Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by Bumpf and our Services, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date (and especially in respect of any content uploaded by any third party or other user).
Please back up any content and data which you use with Bumpf and our Services. We recommend that you back up any content and data used in connection with Bumpf and our Services, to protect yourself in case of any problems.
Check that Bumpf and our Services are suitable for you. Bumpf and our Services have not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of Bumpf and our Services (as described on the relevant App Store and in the Documentation) meet your requirements.
We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of Bumpf, our Services or support for Bumpf or our Services is delayed by any event beyond our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided that we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of any substantial delay you may contact us to end your contract with us and receive a refund for any of our Services which you have paid for but not received.
WE MAY END YOUR RIGHTS TO USE BUMPF AND OUR SERVICES IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS
We may end your rights to use Bumpf and our Services at any time by contacting you if you have broken these terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be put right, we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
If we end your rights to use Bumpf and our Services:
- You must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of Bumpf and any of our Services.
- You must delete or remove Bumpf from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of Bumpf which you have and confirm to us that you have done this.
- We may remotely access your devices and remove Bumpf from them and cease providing you with access to our Services.
Whilst we use technology which aims to impede or prevent malicious programs, activity or viruses wherever possible, we do not guarantee that Bumpf or our Services will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, software, platform and device to access Bumpf or our Services. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse Bumpf or our Services by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other content that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Bumpf or our Services, the server on which Bumpf or our Services is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Bumpf or our Services. You must not attack Bumpf or our Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Bumpf or our Services will cease immediately.
WE MAY TRANSFER THIS AGREEMENT TO SOMEONE ELSE
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation, particularly in the event that we sell our business or our assets to a third party. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
YOU NEED OUR CONSENT TO TRANSFER YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS TO SOMEONE ELSE
You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
NO RIGHTS FOR THIRD PARTIES
This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
IF A COURT FINDS PART OF THESE TERMS ILLEGAL, THEN THE REST WILL CONTINUE IN FORCE AND APPLY
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect and continue to apply to your use of Bumpf and our Services.
EVEN IF WE DELAY IN ENFORCING OUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS, WE CAN STILL DO SO LATER
Even if we delay in enforcing our rights under these terms, we can still do so later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your failing to comply with these terms, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
WHICH LAWS APPLY TO THESE TERMS AND WHERE YOU CAN BRING LEGAL PROCEEDINGS
These terms are governed by English law, and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of Bumpf or our Services in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Alternative Dispute Resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.